Just in time for Bandcamp Friday (tomorrow), here is the third episode of my 2018 radio art series "The Long Play" : https://w-a-davison.bandcamp.com/album/the-long-play-3 - W.A.Davison
Bene Gesserit , the music project, that is...not the mystical sisterhood of psychic witches from Frank Herbert's Dune . I could have just as easily tagged this post Human Flesh or Pseudocode or Insane Music or Alain Neffe and Nadine Bal . What I'm talking about is the Belgian artist couple of Neffe and Bal who have produced so much interesting underground, experimental weirdness since the late 70s and early 80s. They're still at it, in fact. Here's an interview with Alain Neffe from 2016: Neffe's label Insane Music was significant in the origins of 80s and 90s cassette culture and was responsible for many interesting projects and collaborations, as well as contributing to the growth of the cassette network itself (mostly by listing the postal addresses of every artist involved with the label). In spite of the significance of their work, however, like a lot of 80s cassette culture it remains obscure and very little written information about Neffe , Bal , or ...
Quick update on some recent album appearances. James Bailey and I have a collaborative track on the "Bandcamp 200" various artists album published by Neal Retke , a.k.a. {AN} EeL , to mark his 200th album on Bandcamp. https://panpanpanaviandistresscall.bandcamp.com/album/bandcamp-200 I have a solo track as Songs of the New Erotics on the recent "Participatory Universe" compilation from Shaun Robert's Institute For Alien Research label. https://ifarmusiqueconcretecompilation.bandcamp.com/album/participatory-universe And I'm very happy to see the reissue of irr. app. (ext.) 's 2008 album "Aspiring To An Empty Gesture, Volume 1" which is a collection of irr. app. (ext.) live performances from the mid-2000s. The Recordists (myself and S.Higgins ) appear on all of the Toronto-recorded tracks (along with a certain Mr. Stapleton from a band you are likely familiar with). https://irrappext.bandcamp.com/album/aspiring-to-an-empty-gesture-...
Comments
Post a Comment