h{EE}l

h{EE}l is a recent...I'm going to say "side project" although Neal may disagree with that...audio venture of Neal Retke, a.k.a {AN} EeL. As he describes it, "h{EE}l is the Noise moniker of {AN} EeL using sounds from a wide range of collaborators - These releases will feature a darker, more visceral energy - Working to a state of purge, expulsion. Forming." h{EE}l has been operating for a couple of years now and has put out quite a number of albums in that time - the man is prolific! He's also consistently interesting and engaging.

I'm posting about h{EE}l today because he just released a new digital album called "Don't Mistake My Weakness For Kindness". And, full disclosure, I happen to be one of Neal's collaborators for this release. I haven't listened to all of the h{EE}l albums but comparing this one to what I am familiar with from {AN} EeL, I can definitely see a difference, with h{EE}l being darker, grittier, and, at least with this album, more "electronic". It's good! Have a listen.

https://heel2.bandcamp.com/album/dont-mistake-my-weakness-for-kindness-2024-rpm-project

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

Bene Gesserit

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads