R.I.P. Monte Cazazza

Terrible news today that Monte Cazazza has died! I never knew him personally but both his solo work and his collaborations, in particular his historic role in the founding of industrial music, were of tremendous importance to me. This is a hard one to process. I am very saddened by this. As I said, I never met him, but I do have one personal anecdote. In the early 90s, shortly after my escape from Nova Scotia, one of the first things I did upon arriving in Toronto was to secure a screening of my experimental film work with local film group Pleasure Dome. Thanks largely to PD member/curator Jonathon Pollard, my work was paired with a collection of films and videos by Monte Cazazza that happened to be touring at that time. The screening was called "Industrial Primitive". I was thrilled and honoured to have my work presented alongside that of Monte Cazazza and, needless to say, that screening was hugely significant to me!

No obituary has been posted yet. Here is the Wikipedia entry on Cazazza:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cazazza

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

Bene Gesserit

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads