Toupidek Limonade

Just discovered this band, Toupidek Limonade, while listening to an archived version of one of Don Campau's "No Pigeonholes" radio show (from 1988). I am completely unfamiliar with them but what I can tell you is they are French, they formed in the early 80s and, depending on who you talk to you, they could be considered either Rock In Opposition or perhaps the weirder fringes of progressive rock. From the tracks I've heard so far, I would say the RIO label seems a good fit. Anyway, I'm loving what I've heard from this group...very experimental, strange, funny, with a kind of "outsider" vibe. IMO, more concerned with creativity, humour and fun than with tight arrangements or performances, slick production and recording, etc. Not improvised but definitely having a spontaneous, off-the-cuff kind of feel. Great stuff!

I haven't found any full albums online yet but there are individual tracks on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGsmUVcQEhikKdWuDNdRABg

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

Bene Gesserit

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads