The Vitamin B12

I'm currently digitizing some old microcassettes that I made in the mid to late 00s for use in Gastric Female Reflex and my solo project M.Stactor. On one tape (which seems to have been recorded at a local "noise" show) you can hear part of a DJ set by GFR member Jacob Horwood, and at a certain point in the recording you hear me yelling "Jake, what is this?" and he replies "The Vitamin B12".

Right! The Vitamin B12! The mysterious Vitamin B12. I kind of forgot about this outfit but I remember at the time being very impressed with everything I heard from them. Not sure why I didn't investigate them more thoroughly, although I suspect it wasn't as easy to hear their material in the 00s. At any rate, I'm very glad I got this reminder today because, since about 2017, main B12 member Alasdair Willis has been uploading a ton of Vitamin B12 material on Bandcamp! So, I am diving into the deep end and won't be coming up for air for some time. Fantastic stuff! A highly eclectic output too, which gives me some hope that, maybe someday, someone will appreciate my ridiculously eclectic artistic output. One can dream.

Here are links to The Vitamin B12 Bandcamp and to a fairly decent primer, also from Bandcamp:

https://thevitaminb12.bandcamp.com

https://daily.bandcamp.com/lists/the-vitamin-b12-feature

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

Bene Gesserit

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads