irr. app. (ext.)

Well, it figures that I don't get around to posting anything about my friends until they've done something that I'm involved in. What a creep. Anyway, my involvement aside, the music and art of my good friend Matt Waldron, aka irr. app. (ext.), is most definitely a suitable inclusion here. He's put out a lot of really great material that you should seek out (all on the good side of "weird")! His status as a member of the touring version of Nurse With Wound, and as a chief collaborator of Steve Stapleton, doesn't hurt either.

What I'm writing about today is Matt's current "monthly digital single." Matt has been using the Bandcamp platform over the past few years to put out regularly scheduled, short releases (singles or EPs). Past monthly single series have included "Vesicular Distributor" (2020), "Legends Of Frogtown" (2021), and the hilariously odd "Attention Dear" (2022) where Matt recites the texts of email spam (Nigerian prince, etc.) in a variety of ridiculous voices accompanied by his usual lush and richly textured ambient, surreal soundscapes. This year, Matt's monthly digital single series is "NDAS Revisited" in which Matt reissues tracks previously released as part of the obscure Nine Day Antler Society internet project (initiated by Wm. Rage in 2012).

You can check out the February edition of "NDAS Revisited" here:

https://irrappext.bandcamp.com/album/2023-monthly-digital-single-ndas-revisited-february

It includes a track by irr. app. (ext.) and Ossington Plank Ensemble...which is where I come in. Ossington Plank Ensemble is the name Matt and I gave to a number of recordings made at my Ossington Ave., Toronto apartment, sometime in the mid-2000s, and perpetrated by myself, Matt, my partner S. Higgins, Greg Scharpen (aka Thomas Carnacki), and Steve Stapleton (NWW).

Needless to say, there are a LOT of other great sounds to dig into on the irr. app. (ext.) Bandcamp!

https://irrappext.bandcamp.com/

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

Bene Gesserit

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads