RIP Tom Verlaine

Very sad to hear that Tom Verlaine of the band Television has just passed away. Television's "Marquee Moon" occupies a peculiar spot in my listening life. It's not an album that immediately springs to mind as a favorite, and yet I've listened to it hundreds of times over the past four decades or so and it never fails to move and inspire me! So, clearly, it IS a favorite album and one I return to over and over again. And, of course, the guitar playing of both Verlaine and fellow Television member Richard Lloyd has left its mark on me as a musician, as it has on countless others. Mr. Verlaine will be missed!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/28/arts/music/tom-verlaine-dead.html

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads

Bene Gesserit