WEB

Time for some synth-y 70s vibes! This review in Avant Music News caught my eye when I realized that one of the members of the trio WEB, Ernie Morgan, was also (allegedly) in the band The Strawberry Alarm Clock (I say "allegedly" because I have no personal memory of Morgan being in TSAC and the wikipedia entry on TSAC lists no less than 22 members and past members, none of whom are Ernie Morgan. BTW, I will eventually talk about my interest in psychedelia in future blog posts. It's significant). We have the label Modulisme to thank for the release of these previously unheard recordings and they are enjoyable. I can't say that they are better than many other electronic music recordings of the period but they have merit (I particularly like the live/improv feel) and will definitely do the trick if this is what you're looking for.

https://modulisme.bandcamp.com/album/modulisme-session-067

https://modulisme.bandcamp.com/album/modulisme-session-060

- W.A.Davison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irr. app. (ext.) + The Recordists

Bene Gesserit

irr. app. (ext.) + Six Heads